*Please submit a recent drivers abstract with application!*
Truck Zone is looking for a new team member to join our Grande Prairie location as a Heavy Duty Technician - Service Truck Operator. The ideal candidate would be a licensed Technician with experience operating a service truck, having a CVIP license would be a strong asset.
Truck Zone is an Alberta owned and operated company with locations in Edmonton, Bonnyville, Grande Prairie and Lloydminster. We believe and support our core values which include being a Team, having a Commitment to Excellence, being Solution Driven, and providing Adaptability.
The HD Tech & Service Truck Operator we are looking for is required to perform skilled tasks in the mechanical repair and maintenance of medium to heavy-duty vehicles, trailers, and specialized equipment when necessary. This means having flexible hours and working in inclement weather. The rotation for this position is 8 days on 6 days off.
Education, Experience, and Skill Requirements:
- Journeyman Certificate (NOT an entry level position)
- Experience working with commercial equipment vehicles
- Experience operating a Service Truck
- CVIP license is an asset
- Supportive of safe working conditions and adheres to occupational health and safety regulations
- Team Player
Summary of Duties:
- Driving and operating Service Truck when needed
- Working in varying weather conditions
- Completing the tasks provided and provide great service
- Disassembly, inspection, identification of repairs, and repairing
- Installation of new components
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance
- Clean, lubricate and perform other maintenance work
- Monitor parts usage and report on any materials issues
- Assist in ordering replacement equipment, parts and supplies
- Accurate completion of work orders and time cards
- Keep detailed and accurate maintenance reports and documentation
- Maintain a working knowledge of changes in technology and repair techniques
- Maintain safe working conditions and adhere to occupational health and safety regulations
- Perform in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Assist in mentorship of apprentices
(Duties are not limited to this summary)
Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs. and be able to maintain different positions/apply repetitive actions (squatting, kneeling, standing, sitting, pushing/pulling, etc.) as needed throughout the day in inclement weather conditions.
Note: a new drivers abstract will need to be provided with resume or will be requested before an interview (expense will be paid upon hire)
Salary: $45.00-$55.00 per hour
- 10 hour shift
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted.