Grow Your Career with Truck Zone
At Truck Zone, our employees are our top priority. We foster a team culture that values and respects each individual, emphasizing personal and professional growth. With tailored training programs, we support our employees' development. Our workplace promotes work-life balance, recognizing the significance of happy and passionate employees. We cultivate an environment that encourages collaboration, teamwork, and a commitment to delivering exceptional service to our clients.
Truck Zone, a prominent heavy-duty repair shop in Canada, has established a strong reputation in the industry for delivering exceptional services and outcomes. With four locations across Alberta an one in BC, our service portfolio ranges from minor maintenance tasks to the repair of heavy equipment.
We are currently seeking a Heavy Equipment Technician for our Fort St. John, BC. location. This is a fly in, fly out rotation in which you will work to ensure that all equipment meets provincial standards and regulations. At Truck Zone, we prioritize the growth and development of our team members and offer professional development.
This fly in, fly out position will have a Monday to Friday 8am - 5pm schedule. Flights and accommodation will be provided.
- Using diagnostic tools and equipment to test mechanical, electrical and electronic problems in equipment.
- Troubleshooting systems – for example: hydraulic, electrical & mechanical of all equipment and determining faults and extent of repair.
- Inspect and test equipment, repair and replace mechanical units, and test and adjust units to proper specifications.
- Perform scheduled maintenance service, and advise customers on work performed and future repair requirements.
- Install new and added-on equipment.
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturer specifications.
- Prepare service reports and service documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain a working knowledge of changes in technology and techniques.
- Ensure our internal and external customer needs are met in an efficient, knowledgeable and professional manner in a positive, engaging environment of teamwork, career development and lifelong learning for opportunities across our business.
- Minimum 1-year experience
- Must be a licenced technician or 3rd-year apprentice
- Must have journeyman ticket
- Possess a valid driver's license, Class 1 or 3 with Q endorsement preferred
- Proven mechanical abilities in hydraulics, electrical and engine repair
- Strong diagnostic capabilities
- Experience with routine maintenance operations
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Resourceful and focused
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
🗓️ Fly in, Fly out, Full Time, Monday to Friday 8am - 5pm
⚕️ Life Insurance
❤️🩹 Health & Dental Insurance
💲 Employee Discount
💰 Referral Program
💵 Flexible Spending Account
🏖 Vacation Pay
🧰 Professional Development Assistance
⚖️ Work/Life Balance
Interested applicants should send their resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the number of applications we receive, only qualified candidates will be contacted.